A Brief of Assisi Vidyaniketan Public School - Perumpilly
· This institute is founded by Late Rev. Fr. Dr. Francis Kannikal - SJ, then Director of Vidyaniketan Institutions. His Grace The Archbishop of Verapoly, Most Rev. Dr. Daniel Acharuparambil, laid the foundation stone on the 2nd of December in the year 2002. It started functioning from 2nd June 2003.
· It started with a total strength of 262 students in Nursery to Class VI and 19 teachers. Today the school has 1167 students from Nursery to Class XII. The staff strength currently is 60 teachers and trainers plus 34 general staff. Today it is the most prestigious school in Vypin.
· On the 1st of April 2005, the Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi, granted affiliation to this institution and our Affiliation Number is 930525. Our Affiliation is currently valid up to March 2026.
· Currently we have Classes from LKG, UKG, to Class XII. Class LKG to Class X have 3 Divisions with potential capacity of 40 Students in each.
· Directors of Assisi Perumpilly: (1st) Rev. Fr. Dr. Francis Kannikal, (2nd) Rev. Fr. Sebastian Luiz, (3rd) Very Rev. Fr. Varghese Valiyaparambil, (4th) Rev. Fr. Johnson D’ Cunha, & (5th) Very Rev. Fr. Mathew Kallinkal, ( 6th) Very Rev. Fr. Jacob Baijy Ben / Rev. Fr. George Mathirapilly (Current)
· Administrators of Assisi Perumpilly: (1st) Rev. Fr. Ebigin Arackal (2nd) Rev. Fr. Augustine Liju Kandanattuthara, (3rd) Rev. Fr. Antony Paul Keerampilly (4th) Rev. Fr. Shine Pauly Kalathil (5th) Rev. Fr. Jenin Antony Marottiparambil (Current)
· Principals of Assisi Perumpilly: (1st) Ms. Nisha Joseph Jude, (2nd) Ms. Alphonsa P. J. (3rd ) Ms. Shalini K V (Current).
· Manager of Assisi Perumpilly: Mr. Anthony Joseph Job (Since inception), Mr. Mukul Sebastian
Batch of AISSE (Class X) passed out in 2008: had19 Candidates.
· First batch of AISSCE (Class XII) pass out in 2010: had 22 Candidates.
The school is well involved in extra-curricular activities, with sports (Football, Badminton, Basketball, etc.) talent fests (song, dance, writing, elocution, etc.), Onam and Christmas celebrations. Apart from this we participate enthusiastically in social activities like Anti-drug and Alcohol Abuse programmes under the aegis of local the Panchayath and the Jana Maythri Police Station. We organize street plays and Mob Dances at public places. We conduct various charity programmes. We have a collection of rice (approximately 1700-1900Kg) almost every year, which is donated to Ernakulam General Hospital and other needy charity organizations. In 2016-17, students, Staff and Management collected `10,19,440/-, for Baby Animika (9months old) is the daughter of Mr. Vineesh, an auto rickshaw driver, and Mrs. Aswathy, residents of Edavanakad Panchayath, in Vypin Island. Baby Anamika was in urgent need of a Liver Transplantation procedure, the cost of which is estimated at approximately `20 Lakhs. Our children visited Old Age Homes and Hospitals, with entertainment and gifts on the agenda. We also do environmental programmes by distributing Vegetable Seeds and Tree Saplings with the help and contribution of local ‘Krishibhavan’ and the Forest Department.